The days of 250-class quad racers that look like garage contraptions may just be coming to an end soon. Companies such as Blade have started introducing 250-class quadcopters that look more like finished products when compared to their naked counterparts that have exposed wires and components.
Enter the Mach25 — Blade’s official entry into the 250-class racer category. Unlike other 250-class racers built in the naked quadcopter style, the Blade Mach25 features a streamlined aerodynamic canopy designed by Mirco Pecorari from Aircraft Studio Design and looks more like an F1 car with four rotors. No exposed and unsightly wires, ESCs or flight controllers here. Everything’s tucked and hidden away neatly underneath that sleek canopy which is also available as a clear version on which you can apply your own custom paint job.
250-size drones such as the Blade Mach25 are popular models in drone racing (Photo by Jason Cole/RCGroups).
The only thing slightly exposed on the Mach25’s body is its 25mw micro FPV camera and antenna which protrudes up from its nose.
The Mach25 features a 2mm carbon-fiber frame with tough aluminum frame supports (Photo by Jason Cole/RCGroups).
Underneath the canopy is a robust 2mm carbon fiber frame with aluminum frame supports. The arms position the motors at a canted (tilted) angle of 10 degrees forward — a setup that’s favored by serious race pilots and allows for faster acceleration and lower flight angle for better camera visibility. To access the frame, simply unscrew and lift the canopy off.
The Mach25 canopy is also available as a clear version for those who wish to have their own custom paint job.
The Mach25 is shipped fully assembled so there is no need to assemble anything. All you need is a compatible transmitter, battery charger and FPV goggles to start flying it. Just charge the batteries, bind your transmitter and you’re in business.
If you don’t have a FPV goggle, you can still fly one though you only get half the fun.
- Fully assembled, no building necessary
- SAFE® technology makes FPV racing easy
- Multiple SAFE enabled flight modes
- Spektrum™ AR636QR DSMX® quad-racing receiver with pressure sensor
- Spektrum 25mw ultra micro FPV camera system (installed, Ham Radio License Required)
- Vibration-damping, carbon-fiber camera mount
- Powerful 2300Kv brushless outrunner motors
- Compact Castle Creations 4-in-1 ESC
- Self-tightening hubs allow tool-free propeller replacement
- Robust 2mm carbon-fiber frames with tough aluminum frame supports
- Canted motor mounts for faster acceleration and higher flight speeds
- Intense, multi-color LED lighting system (installed)
- E-flite® 1350mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po flight battery (included)
- Streamlined body designed by stylist Mirco Pecorari of Aircraft Studio Design
The Blade Mach25 is one of the easiest Ready-To-Fly 250-class racer to set up and fly and heralds a new era for 250-class quadcopters. Hopefully more brands will follow suit and introduce similar offerings. It’s time we have more Phantom-like drones in the 250 class which is now still mostly dominated by self-build DIY kits.